The Karrinyup Shopping Centre saw an expansion of the existing mall in both an Eastern and Western direction. The focus of the Eastern extension was to provide a state-of-the-art fashion mall and dining terrace, whilst the Western extension was to provide a fresh food mall with a market feel and an entertainment hub. Both extensions involved major demolition works and a seamless connection to, and integration with, the existing mall, which remained operational throughout. This required significant co-ordination between Cubic, the builder and the general public.
The mall finishes were inspired by the coastal setting of the centre which saw Cubic assisting the design team in creating bespoke feature timber and plasterboard ceilings, reminiscent of rolling waves, throughout. With these ceilings curving on both axes, Cubic were required to come up with some innovative framing and substrate design techniques, not often seen on a commercial site. Cubic and the design team also paid homage to the local history through careful installation of the specialist feature ceilings, utilising shiplap installation techniques suggestive of the old timber boats that, at one time, lined the coast. It is this attention to detail which has enabled Cubic to assist the design team in delivering a state-of-the-art mall with finishes unlikely to be repeated on the scale at which they were delivered on this project.
Cubic’s Scope of Work on this project includes but is not limited to:
- Base build tenancies including inter-tenancy walls
- Installation of specialist feature finishes to vertical transport lobbies
- Installation of internal and external specialist feature ceilings
- Integration of the existing mall to the new expansions to create a seamless transition
- Installation of state-of-the-art amenities
- Fire rated ceiling and walls
- Car park upgrades
- Installation of Soffit insulation
- Specialist feature timber cladding to planters and columns
- Specialist stainless steel cladding to escalators
- Installation of conical skylights
- Installation of new end-of-trip facilities
- Installation of state-of-the-art dining terrace
- Installation of shopfront bulkhead substrate
- Installation of specialist mesh finish to skylights
- Installation of bulkheads, ceiling coffers and all associated works
Photography by Andrew Pritchard.
Contact us today
For more information on Cubic or our range of services, please fill out our form.